Tips for a Successful Partner Search
Welcome to GenerationLove!
Somewhere out there the ideal partner is waiting for you. For many years, GenerationLove has been one of the most popular online dating services for singles. Many couples have fallen in love on GenerationLove and now live happily together as a family. We have compiled these GenerationLove dating tips and hints on online dating to help give you the best chances of success in finding a partner online. We hope you take full advantage of all our website has to offer and that your partner search is successful. What's key is being open to meeting many other people and having a positive attitude towards them. We want to make your search for new friends and true love easier with some practical advice about searching for a partner online. Best wishes on finding the man or woman of your dreams on GenerationLove!
Create an attractive profile
Your personal profile is the first impression the other person will get of you. That's why you need to take the time to create an appealing profile.
- Write about yourself in as much detail as possible. Describe yourself realistically.
- Write a good description of the partner of your dreams. Be honest about the kind of man or woman who really suits you and your personality.
- Be positive, because people feel more attracted to people with an upbeat attitude.
- Be honest and only provide information that's true. An unrealistic description of yourself only leads to disappointment in the end. Honesty and trust are key to finding the right partner and are the basis for any good relationship.
Upload your photo
Add a photo to your profile! Profiles with photos receive significantly more replies than profiles without photos.
- Select photos of good quality that clearly show your features.
- Always show your entire face in a photograph.
- Make sure to use current photos and avoid older ones, because the other person wants to get to know who you are today.
- Make sure that you're not shown too small in the photo (such as in a group photo). If this is the case, crop the image. To crop the image, you can use the appropriate tool in the "Add/manage photos" section on your member page or use an image editing program on your computer.
- To take a picture, you should use a better camera than a webcam, because photos taken with webcams are usually of poor quality.
- Ask a friend to take attractive photos of you.
- If you're not happy with your photo, seek the professional help of a photographer.
- Show your smile – it works wonders!
Don't wait for other people to show interest in you – instead, take charge of your partner search. Always remember that there are many people out there who, just like you, are waiting for someone else to make the first move.
- Begin your search.
- Browse through the profiles of other singles.
- If you like a person's profile, let that person know.
- Show interest (using the "show interest" button).
- Give a compliment (using the "give a compliment" button)
- Write messages where you tell the person about yourself and ask questions
Your first letter
- Your first letter should be brief and give a good impression of yourself.
- Always be friendly, confident and encouraging! Let the other person know why you decided to write him or her.
- Don't be too formal. Humor is the best way to break the ice!
- Find a good balance between questions and answers. Provide information about your general interests, hopes and desires.
- Use simple language and avoid idiomatic expressions
- Ask questions that cannot be answered with a simple yes or no, but instead ask questions that give the other person the opportunity to respond with more than just a few words.
Pay attention to the other's person heart and not just the photos
Some women and men have very appealing photos and receive lots of attention. But have you noticed that there are lots of really pretty women and handsome men who don't upload photos to quickly turn men's heads? These people want to meet somone who also looks at the heart! So take a second look. You'll be amazed what a second look can reveal. If someone only shows beautiful portrait photos, ask your new acquaintance to share some photos from everyday occasions such as holidays, vacation, etc. ...
- Be positive. Everyone wants to be surrounded by positive people.
- Let your words reflect your natural vitality and enthusiasm.
- Don't be negative – a negative attitude will not impress your dream partner. If you feel depressed and negative or are frustrated or angry, please seek personal and professional advice.
Allow other people to get to know your true personality. Respect other people's time as much as you expect them to respect yours by providing only true information about yourself.
- Allow each other to make decisions based on factual information.
- The fastest way to destroy a friendship is to lie.
- Remember that dishonesty will come out sooner or later and ends in mistrust.
- Always rest assured that someone out there is waiting for you, someone who will love you just as you are and even because of who you are! Don't squander this opportunity by pretending to be someone else.
- Take your time and be patient. Take the time you need to find your perfect partner!
- Get to know as many people as possible and communicate with many other people looking for a partner.
- Take advantage of our website. New members join every day.
- Begin many new friendships, but be prudent before you open your heart to someone.
- If you don't immediately receive a response, there might be several reasons for this. Stay in touch and show your friendship.
- Enjoy looking forward to their response and remember that even the anticipation can be wonderful!
Trust your feelings
- Trust your feelings. Prudent and well-thought out decisions usually lead to better results.
- Don't give your trust to disingenuous people. Take all the time you need to check out the person on the other end.
- If you suspect that a person is lying, such a person will be quickly exposed.
- Don't get intimate with another person too quickly, even if this intimacy is only expressed online. If you decide that your relationship should be more than just a pen pal friendship, be wise and protect yourself.
There must be trust before another person opens up his or her heart. Therefore, give yourself time for trust to be established before you think about the next steps. Don't pressure the other person to abandon the protective anonymity of the internet too quickly. Women in particular find it uncomfortable if they are urged to share their contact information too quickly.
Give pleasure, give flowers
As a man, you show your adoration by giving flowers. Flowers are a wonderful gesture understood without words. I.e. in countries like Ukraine, Armenia, Russia or Belarus its a tradition that men surprise women with flowers for the first date. With flowers, men show women appreciation and express their love. On GenerationLove men have the possibility to surprise women with gifts and flowers using the "Give gift" option in the woman's profile.
Show interest in the other person's life
To make a new acquaintance is easy. But the key to deepen a relation is to show interest in the life of the other person. Ask questions without appearing pushy or even dishonest. Allow the other person to talk about themselves. Be a good listener. This way you will learn more about the other person. Show respect and understanding. Be positiv and speak with respect and esteem. Usually people feel drawn to others who show understanding and support. This is the best way for a relation to grow.
The first personal meeting
A personal meeting is worth more than thousands of words. There will come a day when you want to meet and you'll ask when the time is right. Only plan a personal meeting when the other person is also ready to meet. Don't pressure the other person. Take your time and plan your first meeting thoughtfully. However, if the other person has signaled that he or she is ready for a meeting, you shouldn't wait too long. Agree on a date. If you hesitate, the other person might think that you're not genuinely interested.
- Make plans for a meeting in advance.
- Don't leave all of the planning and preparation to your acquaintance.
- Men should show appreciation with a small gift and flowers.
- It is a good idea for men to Invite the woman out to a good restaurant. Inquire about a good restaurant in advance.
You have found your soul mate
Many thousands of couples have already met online and have fallen in love. Many happy families have had their start online. Several lucky couples have written to us about their love story. Read about others' experiences with GenerationLove in our "Testimonials" area. If you've met your partner on our website, we would be very pleased to hear from you! Share your experiences. And if you would like to encourage others with your story, please tell us about your love story. We look forward to hearing from you!
Protect your privacy
Note: Also read our tips about protecting your security on the internet.