GenerationLove Love knows no boundaries

International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA)

Dear US clients,

The International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005 (IMBRA) requires that all International Marriage Brokers, USA-based or not, provide a personal disclosure from U.S. citizens and permanent residents to foreign nationals to be legally allowed to meet or correspondent privately with. The IMBRA law is a benefit to our clients and especially protects women from criminals and sexual offenders.

The IMBRA disclosure form is a required document to apply for the K1 fiancée visa. All fiancée visa and spouse visa application for an entry visa to the USA have a mandatory question concerning whether you complied with the IMBRA law.

We provide this service free of charge for you.

How it works

  1. When you request contact data of a woman for the first time you will receive automatically an email with a blank IMBRA form if your country is US. Please check your email address to make sure you receive the form.
  2. You need to fill the disclosure form only once. Please complete it honestly and remember that a minor offence does not prevent anyone from engaging into a serious relationship.
  3. Send back to us the filled disclosure form together with your Passport copy (or driving license). Your Passport copy is required to comply with the IMBRA law and we guarantee that your passport data will not be misused or shared with any third party.
  4. The IMBRA law requires that we check your data through national (and state, where applicable) sex offender databases.
  5. The IMBRA law requires that we translate men's disclosure statements into the ladies native language.
  6. We will forward your translated disclosure to the woman.
  7. The woman will indicate that she agrees to meet and/or communicates privately with you by signing the disclosure.
  8. The woman will keep this document and will use it when applying for the K-1 Fiancée Visas.


Disclaimer: This information is provided by Sevastin Ltd. and is for information purposes only. This information does NOT constitute legal advice and should NOT serve as the basis for any legal decision by you. For legal advice, please contact an immigration lawyer.